October 28th, 2014
October 10th, 2014
October 7th, 2014
October 2nd, 2014
September 26th, 2014
As a nutrition and fitness blogger and author of The Pinterest Diet: How to Pin Your Way Thin I absolutely love to pin healthy recipes, workout plans, and inspirational quotes on Pinterest. I am so grateful that my passion is also my work so it doesn’t really feel like work. The other BIG bonus that makes my work incredibly rewarding is that I get to help others change their lives to get healthy. There’s nothing better than hearing from someone who has lost weight or started working out after hearing me speak or reading my blog or books.
A secret to enabling my passion was making it easier for me to pin anytime, anywhere. I was able to do this by getting an iPad with Membership Reward® points from American Express. With my iPad, I can easily pin new clean eating recipes for my clients and followers to try. I also pin new workout plans that I know will be challenging and effective for my clients and myself. I have even recorded video of different exercises to share with my clients through my iPad. I often find new must-try recipes online and love organizing on Pinterest. My family (hubby and 2 daughters) love tasting the new recipes I create in my kitchen. One of my favorite things about my iPad is it is like a recipe box holding thousands of healthy recipes, workout plans and inspirational quotes to help me get my followers fit and healthy. It allows me to be a virtual nutritionist and personal trainer for my followers since they can access all the information I share on their Smartphone with the Pinterest app.
In The Pinterest Diet, I tell everyone to “Pin 10” every day to help them stay inspired and motivated to get healthy and fit. This means you should take at least 10 minutes every single day to pin items that will keep you motivated and inspired to stay on a healthy path. This could be items that you will reward yourself with if you meet a specific goal or perhaps you want for a gift. You can also pin inspirational quotes. Below I’ve shared 3 of my favorites!
Top 3 Pins To Get You Inspired to Stay Healthy and Fit
- Crate & Barrel goodies for your kitchen! I know that I love pinning and shopping at Crate & Barrel. I pin my favorite kitchen gadgets, fun serving dishes or new appetizer plates. Or maybe, you pin a new set of cookware or knives that you want to buy. I’ve found when you put things you love in your kitchen, you spend more time in your kitchen cooking. When you spend more time cooking, you can eat healthier as you control what you are putting into your body. So use Membership Rewards points to earn $50 Crate & Barrel gift cards and go shopping!
- KitchenAid Mixer. I remember I first started to develop my passion for cooking and baking in high school during my food classes. In each kitchen we had a KitchenAid Mixer. I said to myself then, once I got a real job, I’m buying myself a KitchenAid and I did. I recommend everyone have a KitchenAid Mixer as it does make cooking and baking more fun and easy and the great news is you can get one with Membership Reward points!
- Amazon.com. One of my other favorites to pin to my followers is my latest book, The Pinterest Diet: How to Pin Your Way Thin which is available on Amazon.com so you can use Membership Rewards to shop with points to get it! The book will provide you step-by-step information on how to use Pinterest to eat clean, exercise with little time, and how you can lose fat fast to reach your weight loss goals. The book also contains over 50 delicious recipes that will help get you in the kitchen and feel satisfied while losing weight.
I am so happy that I was able to get our family an iPad thanks to #Membership Rewards points from American Express. It allows me to enjoy my passion and help others at the same time! What is your favorite passion? Let us know how you have used Membership Rewards in the past to Make sure you check out all the different ways you can enable your passion with Membership Rewards points and please share your personal stories with me!
I was selected by American Express to help educate consumers about Membership Rewards. As such, I was paid for my services, but tips and opinions shared about American Express and #Membership Rewards are my own.
You’ve been working out, eating right and have been making gains towards your fitness goals! Then all of the sudden, it stops. You’re weight loss has gone stagnant and you have no idea how to get the pounds dropping again.
You’re experiencing a plateau, a part in your fitness journey where you can’t seem to lose any more weight or build any more muscle tone. A plateau comes about when your body has gotten used to the workouts and foods you’ve been eating and doesn’t have to work as hard to burn off those calories. You may be eating the same oatmeal and banana for breakfast every morning or putting your body on autopilot when you jump on the elliptical and your body has gotten bored.
To give your body a jump start, check out these four ways you can bust through your plateau and reach your ultimate goals!
1. HIIT It!- With high intensity interval training, a type of cardio that makes you work out very intensely for a short amount of time followed by a quick break, you’ll raise your at rest metabolic rate and your caloric burn will be even greater! If you’ve gotten into the same cardio habits, try this: sprint as fast as you can for 3 minutes on the treadmill, elliptical, or stairmill followed by 2 minutes of a cool down. Repeat 5 times!
2. Switch it Up- Don’t let your body get bored with the same yoga or aerobics class. Try taking a new class like Barre Method or Pilates to work muscles groups you didn’t even know you had. If you like to run on a treadmill, give your joints a break and try swimming or biking.
3. Cheat a Little- If you’ve been consistently eating clean, it’s okay to have occasional indulgence every once in a a while. Sometimes our bodies get in the habit of digesting certain types of food so a slice of pizza or an ice cream cone on occasion will keep it guessing. Remember to make it a cheat meal and not a cheat day!
4. Keep the Faith- Don’t get discouraged! This plateau means you are so close to reaching your fitness and weight loss goals. If you stick with your clean eating, water drinking, and workouts through this transition period you’ll end up with the body and health you always dreamed.
It seems as if the old adage “less is more” has been lost in the daily chaos of our lives. Learn how to get back to basics by following some or all of these 12 strategies for simplifying your life: 1. Make Your Home Minimalist. When your house is minimalist, it makes it easier to clean while also...
My last energy ball recipe was a hit and I’ve had requests for more recipes. Here is a simple 6-ingredient recipe that is the perfect before or after a workout. It can also gives a great energy boost for those afternoon energy slumps! Chocolate Peanut Butter Protein Energy Balls Makes 2 dozen 1...