I’m so excited to share some fun new summer menu options with you at one of my family’s FAVORITE go-to restaurants….PANERA BREAD! I’m absolutely thrilled about the opportunity to partner with Panera Bread and to be able to tell my followers and their fans about all the clean options when ordering from their menu. As I mentioned, my family has been a HUGE fan of Panera for many years. I have two teenage daughters and barely a day goes by when I don’t hear, “can we get Panera?” at some point in the day.
We usually do the Rapid Pick-Up option during the school year and we have already used it several times this summer. It is super convenient and quick to order on our phone and go grab it in 5-10 minutes when we want a quick and delicious lunch. We heard that Panera has also begun offering delivery in other cities and we can’t wait for it to come to Kansas City!
In case you didn’t know, earlier this year, Panera Bread announced, “100% of our food is 100% clean,” meaning the food is made without artificial preservatives, sweeteners, flavors or colors from artificial sources. This is a huge accomplishment. Already industry leaders, they are following through on their commitment to clean ingredients with their guests.
This summer, Panera  is once again leading the way with what customers are looking for when choosing their meals. With the launch of three new curated menus  it’s easier than ever to customize food options to fit your dietary preferences and the way you want to eat – whether you’re vegetarian or gluten conscious or just trying to incorporate more nutrients into your diet. The new menu paths can be found when ordering online, on the app and at the in-store kiosks.
And with a pantry full of more than 50 clean ingredients, there are endless ways to customize any of the meals you select with the fresh ingredients you are craving. The new menu offers three easily navigable menu paths, including:
- Plant Forward: Whether you’re vegetarian, vegan or simply like your veggies, this menu is for you. Panera recipes feature an abundance of high-quality, clean ingredients, including fresh produce such as romaine, arugula, avocado, blueberries, almonds, ancient grains and quinoa.
- Protein Rich: For those who are fitness-minded, Paleo, low carb, or just interested in lasting energy, check out Panera’s protein-rich options, all providing at least 20% of the recommended daily value of protein to power up your meal.
- Nutrient-Packed: Panera’s nutrient-packed salads have a good balance of protein, carbs and fat to keep you full, without feeling like you over-indulged.
The great news about all three of these menu paths is that you can easily customize your meal to your liking with their numerous clean ingredients. Below, I share how I made a simple modification which is now available on the curated menu as the Avocado Cobb Salad following the protein-rich path. You can get it as a one click purchase. It was so much fun working with Panera to create this new customized salad. I love that it is already loaded with satisfying protein and my only modification was to skip the bacon which allowed me reduce the sodium, fat and calories.
I placed my order through the app for Rapid Pick-Up by just picking the Avocado Cobb Salad. I can also see the nutrition information for my customized salad which I LOVE!
Minutes later, my order was ready for pick up. Both of my daughters also ordered their personal favorite Panera meals which include the Potato Soup in a Bread Bowl and Chicken Tortellini.
Here’s the order ready for pick up.
Other quick + easy salad modifications you can make:
- Load up on additional antioxidants: Panera’s salad “pantry” is full of dreamy options for any registered dietitian which can help their clients make smarter choices. You can add avocados, fresh pineapple, fresh blueberries or fresh strawberries to any salad to boost the nutrition.
- Always get your dressing on the side: One of my other favorite options at Panera is that you can choose if you want less dressing, extra dressing, or if you want it on the side. I tell my clients to get your dressing on the side and you can usually add less.
- Customize to your own liking: I have never been a huge onion fan. Maybe you don’t care for a specific ingredient either. With Panera’s salad menu, it has never been easier for guests to create their own fave salad that is flavorful and fun for you and your family.
Disclosure: I am a spokesperson for Panera Bread. Opinions are my own.