Tart cherries are truly a RED HOT Super Fruit, with a host of unique benefits from health to taste. In fact, tart cherries are an ANTIOXIDANT POWERHOUSE, containing among the highest levels of antioxidants compared to other superfoods, according to a recent study.
- And, there’s a BRAND NEW Report, The Red Report, that documents the more than 50 studies specifically on the health benefits of tart cherries. Research has linked the fruit to anti-inflammatory benefits, reduced pain from gout and arthritis and an extensive list of HEART HEALTH benefits. Recent studies even suggest tart cherries can help reduce post-exercise muscle and joint pain.
- Tart cherries get their bright RED color from key antioxidant compunds called anthocyanins, which have been specifically linked to the fruit’s high antioxidant capacity and anti-inflammatory benefits.
- Now more than ever, there’s good reason to choose tart cherries. Since tart cherries are available year-round as dried, frozen or juice/juice concentrate, it’s easy to add this RED super fruit to your diet.
- And, tart cherries have that unique sweet-tart flavor combination that pairs so well with any dish.
- There are so many ways to add tart cherries to your daily diet. I love topping dried cherries in my morning oatmeal, and for a post-workout snack, try this Red Recharger Smoothie  made with tart cherry juice, frozen tart cherries, honey and plain vanilla yogurt.
What is your favorite way to eat tart cherries?
Disclosure: I love working the folks at the Cherry Marketing Institute.