The joy of the holiday season can be met with stress for many people who feel the pressure of buying the perfect holiday gifts for loved ones. It can be especially difficult buying for the person who seems like they already have everything. This year give the gift of health with one or more of the following ideas:
1. The North Face Stow-n-Go Sports Bra. This sports bra makes it easy to hold on to keys or cards without carrying a purse or exercise bag. Not only will it give great support, but it also has a double layer pocket in the front panel for essentials. Available at TheNorthFace.com for $35.00.
2. Vitamix Blender. If you want to give the Porsche of blenders, this is the one to buy! The Vitamix is a high-quality blender that mixes up nutritious smoothies, soups, or sauces. My daughter even puts a Granny Smith apple in her smoothies and it blends with ease. I tell my clients this blender is an investment to your health. Check it out at Vitamix.com for $449.00.
3. Natural Body Gift Certificate. We can all use a little stress buster and who doesn’t love to have some “me” time at the spa. Whether it is a microdermabrasion facial, massage, mani or pedi nothing shows how much you care like giving someone you love the pampering she deserves. For an amazing spa experience try Natural Body Spa and Shop at One Nineteen.
4. Pedometer. Ever wonder how many steps you actually take in a day? With a pedometer, you won’t anymore! Aid your loved ones in reaching a goal of 10,000 steps a day by giving them a way to keep track of their daily steps. Buy a good pedometer like the Omron HJ-112 on Amazon.com for $20.99.
5. Lucy Perfect Core Exercise Pant. The name says it all…these are the perfect pant and my absolute favorite! The extremely comfortable pant compresses in just the right spots easily transitions from working out to running errands and taking the kids to activities. I suggest going up 1 size from normal. They are a bit pricey at $98 but worth it because the lucky person who receives this pant will never want to take them off.
6. Athletic Shoes. For a step in the right direction, a new pair of shoes may be just what your loved one needs to move more in 2012. Go to Elite Feet in Hawthorne Plaza for a knowledgeable staff to help you pick out the right shoe for your loved one.
7. Lululemon Gift Certificate. It’s important to feel good about yourself while working out, and looking the part certainly helps! Lululemon makes fun, stylish workout clothes for yoga, running, and working out. They have a variety of pieces from pants to jackets that will get your loved one excited to work out. Visit lululemon in One Nineteen.
8. Trader Joe’s Gift Certificate. Encourage the people you love to eat healthy by giving them a gift certificate to this grocery store. They have a large selection or organic foods and other great finds that will make it easier to make smart shopping choices. Located at One Nineteen. If you want to give a tasty bottle of wine for a good price, go to the Ward Parkway Trader Joe’s location.
9. Nike Tempo Running Shorts. These are my favorite workout shorts. Not only are they extremely comfortable but they also come in a variety of fun colors and patterns. Visit Dick’s Sporting Goods or Nike Outlet at the Legends.
10. Mitzi Dulan’s Boot Camp for Women Gift Certificate. Give 4 weeks of fun, inspiring workouts to your wife, girlfriend, mom, sister, daughter or friend. This gift can transform their life! The healthy jumpstart to 2012 with yours truly is good for all fitness levels. Not only will they get 12 workouts, but they will also receive a nutrition seminar, motivational training and support. The 4-Week Boot Camp costs $219.00; for more information visit MitziDulansBootCamp.com.
11. P90X2. Millions of people have worked out to P90X and now the follow-up to Tony Horton’s hugely popular DVD series, P90X2, is available for pre-order to ship in time for the holidays. Check it out at BeachBody.com for $119.85.
12. Biggest Loser Kitchen Scale. Portion control is a huge factor of eating healthy. This scale not only weighs food, but it also has a built in memory for over 1,400 foods. In addition, you can enter up to 50 new foods and recipes. It is $59.99 at Macys.com.
Mitzi’s Favorite Websites for Healthy Gift Ideas