It’s movie night! Wondering what snacks you can make that are both tasty and healthy to accompany your choice of movie? Try one of these 5 healthy and tasty snacks while watching the movie of your choice!
1. Healthy Trailmix: You can mix wheat Chex with dried berries and raisins, chocolate chips, seeds and nuts. This is high in protein and the combination of sweet and crunchy will make your mouth happy!
2. Apple Slices w/ Skin with Peanut Butter Spread: Peanut butter is a source of dietary fiber so it can help slow down digestion and keep you satisfied until dinner! You can even make it the apple slices look like a bunny (really great if you are having movie night with kids)! Here’s a link on how to make apple rabbits. 
3. Yogurt Parfait: Top Greek yogurt with sliced almonds, and fruits (such as strawberries and blueberries). The calcium in yogurt makes teeth and bones strong.
4. Pretzels/Veggies & Hummus: Hummus is made from garbanzo beans. It contains a lot of fiber and is great to use as a topping or dip.You can use it as a dip for either pretzels, veggies or toasted whole wheat pita triangles.
5. Popcorn with Cinnamon: For those of you who love eating popcorn while watching movies, pop a bag of low fat or fat free popcorn in the microwave, then empty the popcorn into a bowl and sprinkle on cinnamon and tossed until it’s even. You can also replace cinnamon with grated parmesan cheese. Did you know popcorn counts as whole grain?
What snacks do you like while watching movies? What are some movie snacks you’ve made?