This thick, warm and creamy soup also packs a protein punch that is sure to satisfy! The fall pumpkin flavors blended with coconut and curry makes a delicious combination. This dish is low in fat, and high in vitamin A, fiber and antioxidants.
- 1 yellow onion
- 1 Tablespoon olive oil
- 1 Tablespoon garlic
- 2 Tablespoons each: ground cumin seed and curry powder
- 1 teaspoon each: dried sage, cinnamon, allspice
- 3 cups pureed pumpkin, canned or cooked from fresh
- 2 cups garbanzo beans, canned or cooked from fresh
- 3 cups chicken or vegetable stock
- 2 cups light coconut milk
- Sauté onion, garlic and spices in olive oil in a large skillet over medium heat for 2 minutes.
- Add pumpkin, garbanzo beans and 1 cup stock, stir and cook for another 3 minutes.
- Puree mixture, 1-2 cups at a time in a blender or food processor. Add additional stock or coconut milk as needed to blend the mixture easily.
- Pour pureed mixture in a large pot. Add remaining coconut milk and stir. Cook over low-medium heat for 10 minutes or until fully warmed. Add additional spices to taste.
Let me know how you like it!