When stuffing is baked inside the turkey, it catches all the fat drippings and becomes higher in calories in fat. With this healthy recipe, you can have your stuffing and eat it too! Happy holidays!
- 1 loaf whole wheat bread, cut into cubes
- 1 yellow onion, chopped
- 1 cup celery, chopped
- 2 Tablespoons olive oil
- 2 apples, chopped
- ½ cup cranberries
- ½ cup walnuts, chopped
- ½ cup fresh parsley, chopped
- 1 teaspoon dried ground sage
- 1 teaspoon dried Italian seasoning
- 1 ½ cups low-sodium chicken stock
- Spread bread cubes on a cookie sheet and toast in a 350 degree oven for 10 minutes.
- Meanwhile, sauté onion and celery with olive oil in a skillet for 5 minutes.
- When the bread and vegetables are done, mix all ingredients in a 9 x 13” baking pan. Cover with aluminum foil and bake in the 350 degree oven for 20 minutes. Remove foil and bake for another 10 minutes or until the top is golden brown.
Please tell me something about your favorite holiday stuffing?