Are you constantly stressed out? Do you go to bed at night worrying? With the current economic environment it is easy to understand why many people are more stressed out than ever before. However, it is important to try to manage your stress effectively. When a person is stressed it increases their cortisol levels. With time, elevated cortisol levels are very unhealthy and can actually suppress your immune system and may actually lead to weight gain.
So, make sure you are taking care of yourself. Here are a few tips to help you.
1. Smile and laugh often each day. This will help to reduce cortisol levels.
2. Keep a gratitude journal and each day write down 5 things that you are grateful for in your life.
3. Read a positive book like a book by Jack Canfield or John Maxwell.
4. Surround yourself with positive people.
5. Be present each day for life and love.
6. Keep it in perspective and aim to go to bed without worries.